Tuesday, December 20, 2011

the best christmas gift we could receive

yesterday morning, i was given some very surprising yet joyous news. we are expecting.

before i get any snide comments or somewhat snarky side notes, let me say this:

no, we werent "trying". yes, we do know what causes this. yes, i am very nervous, and while this was most unexpected, it is truly a gift from God and i am so very excited to be blessed one more time.
we are happy about this news so please respect that and know that the reason that i'm telling everyone is because i want and need support from my friends and family. yes, i know superstition says you shouldnt say anything before the first trimester, but i am not one for superstition. i dont want to be quiet about something when i could have prayers and hugs and ..well, just support. also, please know that i am by no means gloating...i know there are folks out there who are trying to conceive and who need help doing so. it took us 2 years to conceive lily. we had truly given up when i found myself pregnant with her. never lose hope that it can happen. never lose faith.
so, if you have other questions, please ask. i will do my best to answer them.

"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior’s hands.
How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them!
He will not be put to shame when he confronts his accusers at the city gates." (Psalm 127:3-5)

Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me indeed and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request.
(1 Chronicles 4:9-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment